Welcome to FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GIRLS' COLLEGE YOLA
The Nigerian government in its wisdom in the 1970′s set up the unity schools to achieve certain goals, among which includes fostering national unity.
FGGC Yola was founded in 1979 with 30 students and today has over 1000 students, located in Yola, the Adamawa State capital in the North East geopolitical zone of Nigeria. The college has staff strength of 164, consisting 0f 74 academic staff and 86 non academic non academic staff including NYSC members. It has houses named yellow, green, purple, pink, blue, orange, red which a student must belong to.
The students also belong to clubs and societies ranging from Computer, Mathematics, Jets, Young Farmers, French, Geography, Arts, Arabic, Road Safety, Drama and Culture, Commonwealth, Red Cross, Girls Guide, Health, Environment, Anti HIV and AIDS , Girls Education Movement, Youth Anti-crime, NAFDAC, Stock Exchange, Students; Parliament, Government.
The College is headed by Hajia Zulaika Usman Momodu as the Principal, Mal Galadima, K.H as the VP Admin, Mr Emoitologa, G. as VP Academics, Mal. Umar, H.J. as the VP Special Duties and Mrs. Iyang, R.M as V.P Students’ Affairs.
OFFICIAL COLOURS: Maroon and White
The Vision of the College is to produce academically sound and morally upright future Women leaders.
To bring up erudite future Women leaders through discipline, hardwork, unity and commitment driven by ICT and the fear of God.
SECTIONS: Senior Secondary School and Junior Secondary School
CLASSES: Senior Secondary 1, 2 & 3 and Junior Secondary 1, 2 & 3
ARMS: A, B, C, D, E, F & G
HOUSES: Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red and Yellow
1. Agricultural Science
4. Building Construction
5. Christian Religious Studies
6. Catering & Craft Practice
8. Civic Education
10. Computer/ Information Communication Technology
11. Dyeing & Bleaching
14. English Language
15. Financial Accounting
17. Food And Nutrition
19. Further Mathematics
20. Garment Making
25. Home Management
26. Islamic Religious Studies
28. Literature in English
31. Technical Drawing
32. Visual Arts
2. Basic Science and Technology
3. Business studies
4. Cultural & Creative Art
5. English Studies
9. Pre-vocational studies
10. Religion and National Value
1. SCIENCE: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, Computer/Information Communication Technology, Fisheries, Agricultural Science, Pre-Vocational studies
2. Humanities: English Language, Geography, French, Hausa, Civic Education, Government, Social Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, Christian Religious Studies, Religion and National value, Cultural and Creative Art, Visual Arts
3. BUSINESS: Financial Accounting, Commerce, Insurance, Economics, Business studies
4. TECHNOLOGY: Technical Drawing, Building Construction, Basic Technology, Home Management, Food and Nutrition, Garment Making, Catering and Crafts Practice, Dying and bleaching